Concepts used in this Statute mean:
- Summer University Warsaw - an educative course concerning economics and management organized in English by Warsaw School of Economics (SGH);
- Candidate - a person, who has sent an application form for the Summer University Warsaw course;
- Organizer - Warsaw School of Economics (SGH), Education Development Centre (DRE).
I. General Conditions
- This Statute refers to the participants of the Summer University Warsaw course, hereafter called SUW.
- The administration of the course (comprising of the SGH Academic Director and the coordinator from SGH Students Union) is being appointed by the Rector on application of DRE director.
- SUW programme consists of 8 courses: 4 morning courses and 4 afternoon courses.
- It is possible to attend one or two courses. In case of choosing two courses option it is possible to attend only one morning course and one afternoon course.
- Each course within SUW program equals to 4 ECTS points.
- A SUW participant can be a person who has sent a correctly filled in application form which is available on SUW website within the time as required by the Organizer, received a confirmation of being accepted to SUW from the Organizer, is the student of the Bachelor's or Master’s Degree Studies and has English language skills making it sufficient to take part in the SUW course.
- Detailed rules of admission of Candidates and their participation as the Participants of SUW are stated in the Statute.
- The participation of each Participant is payable.
- Terms of payment are established by a separate agreement.
The classes and other lectures in the SUW course are held in English.
The Academic Director is responsible for the timetable within the SUW course, determining their place and time of the classes.
II. Application and admission rules
- Application for SUW consists of the following:
- filling in an application form including personal and contact data of the Candidate, information concerning ongoing studies, English language skills, and additional information such as organizations membership, scholarships and other academic achievements;
- choosing one or two courses which Candidate would like to attend during SUW and informing the Organizer about a second preference in case there is no possibility to be accepted for the courses of the first preference;
- writing an essay on one of four subjects proposed by the Organizer.
On the basis of the information provided in an Application, the Organizer selects the Participants. The note of written essay and English language skills level are the main criteria.
Should the Candidate be accepted, they get a confirmation of the acceptance to the e-mail address provided in the Application.
- After receiving the SUW admission confirmation e-mail the Participant is obliged to submit to SGH the following:
The above mentioned documents should be sent in an electronic form (as scans) to the e-mail address provided by the Organizer.
At the beginning of the course the Participant and the Organizer sign an agreement on terms of payment for educational services.
- the attestation, that the Participant is a student of the studies mentioned in § 7 point 1a given by the home university of Participant;
- payment receipt for SUW;
- a signed exemplification of identity card/passport with its number visible;
- payment document for health insurance including Poland’s territory within the time of SUW;
- a signed Statute of SUW (English version).
III. The courses
- The Organizer is obliged to provide the realization of the courses from the academic programme, unless the number of participants in the course is less than 15 persons.
- The Organizer reserves the right to introduce changes to the schedule of the courses.
- The Organizer is obliged to organize 28 hours of classes (lectures or workshops) for each course.
- In case of resignation of one of the lecturers during the realization of SUW the Organizer is obliged to provide another lecturer of similar qualifications as a replacement.
- The Organizer is obliged to provide electronic learning materials adequate to the content of the course.
- The Organizer is obliged to provide the Participants with adequate rooms necessary for having the SUW classes.
- The Organizer is obliged to prepare an examination covering the material taught during the course.
- The form of examination may be different for each course and is stated by the lecturers leading the course.
- The examination will be taken by Participants on the last day of the classes.
- After the SUW the Participants may get certificates issued by SGH Warsaw School of Economics.
- In order to receive 4 ECTS for a course and be granted certificate the Participant has to:
In case of not having a sufficient exam result, the Participant has the right to retake the examination in the oral form at the time stated by the Organizer.
- attend the SUW classes (every absence has to be excused) and;
- get at least 51% score at the examination mentioned in § 21.
IV. Conditions and rules of payment
- The Participation fees for SUW 2016 are as follows:
- 350 euro – fee for the first course,
- 150 euro – fee for a second course,
- 170 euro – optional accommodation in students’ dormitory, in double or triple rooms, 10 breakfasts and 10 lunches,
- 130 euro – optional trip to Cracow, Wieliczka and Auschwitz (by bus),
- about 50 euro – optional cultural events (to be confirmed by the Organizer).
The Participant is obliged to pay the participation fees mentioned in § 11 by transferring money to SGH bank account (number: 07 1240 1112 1111 0000 0165 1115) within 14 days after receiving the admission confirmation e-mail.
In case of resignation from participation in SUW the Participant is entitled to a return of 100% of the paid amount, minus bank transfer costs and manipulation fee: 25 euro, provided the SGH is communicated in writing or by electronic means of participant’s resignation before the beginning of SUW.
V. Rights and obligations of the SUW participant
- If the Participant has paid the fee for accommodation, they shall be accommodated in SGH’s Student Dormitory “Sabinki”, hereinafter referred to as "DS" in a double or three-persons room.
- Participant accommodated in the DS has the right to:
Participant accommodated in the DS is committed to:
- acquire a key to the room in which the Participant has been accommodated;
- receive a set of bed clothes for the duration of residence in the DS;
- access a free Internet connection for personal computer in the DS;
- use of all equipment and premises of DS intended for general use for their intended purpose;
- receive in his/her room guests not participating in the SUW in the hours of 7:30-24:00 under the Regulations of DS.
In DS it is prohibited to:
- compliance with Polish law and behavior in accordance with this
Regulations and Regulations of DS;
- compliance with the principles of workplace health and safety protection and fire protection, as well as promptly reporting DS administration of any danger in this respect;
- promptly notifying the Organizer or the DS administration of all
failures in plant and equipment and technical faults and failures
of DS’s property;
- the exploitation of property and DS devices in a manner consistent with their intended purpose;
- the maintenance of cleanliness and order in their rooms and premises intended for general use;
- compliance with the building’s quiet hours 24:00-6:00and outside the building in accordance with applicable law;
- compliance with decisions and recommendations of the administration of DS in respect of arrangements within DS.
In case of not adhering to the rules of procedure mentioned above the Organizer has the right to:
- remove DS accessories form the rooms granted to the Participant and premises intended for general use or disclosure to third parties;
- arbitrary set, alter and repair of electrical wiring, gas and water, changing locks or destroying walls;
- smoke in places not designated for that purpose by the Head of
DS under the Regulations of DS;
- make extra keys to any premises without the consent of the Head of DS;
- take drugs or other intoxicants on the area of DS;
f. sell or partake drinks containing more than 0,5% of alcohol on the area of DS.
- inflict a fixed administrative fine in the administration amount or the one adequate to caused damages. The amount of penalty is stated by the DS administration.
- displace the Participant from the dormitory without the refunding of the costs of a previously made payment. The Organizer and DS administration reserve the right sue for damages caused in the amount exceeding the amount of the penalty mentioned in the point a. above and the fee for SUW.
- If the Participant has paid the fee for accommodation, the Organizer is obliged to supply the Participant with food, as follows:
- 10 breakfasts before classes (served from Monday to Friday at about 8 a.m.);
- 10 lunches (served from Monday and Friday at about 12.30 p.m.)
according to the standard provided for SGH Warsaw School of Economics’ students.
If the Participant has paid the fee for optional cultural events, The Organizer is obliged to ensure for them free-time activities including e.g. visits in museums, sport activities or sightseeing. The Organizer reserves the right to introduce changes to the social program.
- The Organizer is not obliged to provide the Participant with:
- any insurance;
- medical care;
- additional meals other than those mentioned in § 15;
- the coverage of the costs of transport during the participation in SUW (with the exception of the costs of transport connected with the trip to Cracow if the Participant has paid the fee for that trip).
The Participant bears the whole responsibility for the damages caused during their participation in SUW, without any restrictions resulting from the amount of payment for SUW participation.
The Organizer reserves the right to displace the Participant from SUW and the dormitory if they do not apply to rules and regulations written in this document.
SUW Participants are obliged to sign:
- AGREEMENT ON THE TERMS OF PAYMENT FOR EDUCATIONAL SERVICES IN SUMMER UNIVERSITY WARSAW 2016