The Centre for Open Education is a department of Warsaw School of Economics (SGH), one of the greatest Polish universities of economics. The main aims of the Centre are to organize and develop SGH e-learning activity. The Centre also deals with courses for SGH personnel and lifelong learning projects.
The aims are realized by:
- encouraging and organizing projects concerning online education and lifelong learning,
- carrying out research concerning e-learning,
- developing e-learning platform www.e-sgh.pl, i.e.:
- creating and promoting educational programs,
- creating and implementing appropriate tools and methods of teaching,
- encouraging individual ideas and coordinating teaching offers of SGH lecturers,
- creating and running multimedia library.
- organizing seminars and conferences concerning online education and lifelong learning,
- editing e-learning magazine 'e-mentor' and other publications which concern online education and lifelong learning,
- cooperation with state and foreign organizations dealing with online education and lifelong learning,
- organizing educational projects and trainings for SGH staff.