„Eco-innovations in cities” is a project commissioned by the Polish National Center for Research and Development in the frames of the European Union grant (1/POKL/4.3/2012) to Warsaw School of Economics (Szkoła Główna Handlowa w Warszawie). Its authors are professor Marek Bryx and doctor Dominika Brodowicz from Collegium of Business Administration.
Project duration: July 2013-December 2015
The aim of the project is to prepare a programme in the area of green and socially responsible innovations in cities regeneration to create a one-year program entitled „Eco-innovations in the urban regeneration projects” including the following subjects:
- Green urban regeneration projects
- Green project funding
- Planning and management in eco-cities
- New models of urban entrepreneurship
- Making the 21st century cities
The main objective of new specialisation is to enhance students’ knowledge about eco-cities and give them sufficient information and discuss case studies on the subject – how these cities should planned, developed and managed. It will be achieved by:
- Developing course in the blended-learning system with up to date case studies about green/sustainable urban projects focused not only on buildings, but also on transportation, society and other issues concerning temporary cities;
- Organising a one-month apprenticeship for all MA students taking part in the project in companies and organisations active in the field of eco-innovations in Poland and offering 10% of the best students internships in academic research units across the EU.
Project is already supported by academics from Florida Atlantic University (USA), Idaho State University (USA), Northeastern Illinois University (USA), and Fontys University (Netherlands).
Main beneficiaries of the project are: 20 academic teachers and doctoral students, 80 MA students.
CONFERENCE ON "ECO-INNOVATIONS IN CITIES"
thanks to our Students commitment and active participation we are nearing the end of “Eco-innovations in cities” Project. Therefore, on behalf of the “Eco-innovations in cities” Programme Committee I am pleased to invite you to the conference on Eco-Innovations in Cities, which will be held on Monday, December 14, from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. in building C Auditorium I (128 Madalinskiego Street). The conference is an event summarizing the results of our Project and the the chance that experts of all fields of eco-innovations meet each other and present their experiences and studies. This will be an excellent platform for students, researchers and practitioners to explore the subject of eco-innovations in contemporary cities.
During the conference (between 9.00 and 11.00 a.m) certificates of completion of the specialization "Eco-innovations in the urban regeneration projects" will be awarded by His Magnificence Rector of Warsaw School of Economics Tomasz Szapiro to those students who have completed their master theses and received diplomas of Warsaw School of Economics. Those of you who still have status of student will receive this certificate of completion our specialization after graduation (because the number of your diploma must be written on this certificate of completion). In addition, other students who took part in a fieldtrip to Denmark and Sweden will also receive certificates of participation in the study visit in Scandinavia.
The conference will be a fantastic and memorable event. We look forward to making this another learning opportunity and to share the outcomes of the Project. Commemorative photos of students receiving from His Magnificence Rector certificates will be taken. Moreover, special gifts were prepared for all Project students who will be participated in our conference.
We would like to ask you to confirm your participation in the conference by 4th December 2015 by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- Participation in conference is free of charge
- Organizers do not provide transport to the conference venue and accommodation.
- Certificates of attendance in conference can be issued upon request. In this case, please inform organizers at least 7 days before the day of the conference.
- Official agenda of the conference will be sent in the first week of December 2015.
I look forward to seeing you there!
Prof. Anna Szelagowska
“Eco-innovations in cities” Project methodological coordinator
Warsaw School of Economics