This project is carried out under the Human Capital Programme (Priority VIII. Regional human resources for the economy, Sub-measure 8.2.1 Support to cooperation of scientific environment and enterprises – call for proposals projects).
It is a scholarship programme for doctoral students at the Warsaw School of Economics (both full-time and part-time doctoral students are allowed to apply for the scholarship).
The project is aimed at improving efficiency of at least 22 doctoral students in terms of their scientific research and teaching skills in the period of 2012-2015.
The major benefits offered to the scholarship holders are:
- an attractive scholarship of PLN 4,000 per month that is granted for the period of one academic year, and this period can be extended by another academic year;
- extra support such as: teaching seminars, individual consultations, trainings in research commercialisation.
The major benefits listed above are aimed at helping the beneficiaries of the project to develop their research and teaching skills as well as to make them strongly oriented to science-business collaboration.
The criteria for being granted the scholarship are:
- passing grades received for the courses completed during an obligatory doctoral programme;
- progress in preparing the doctoral dissertation (including originality of the dissertation’s theme and its linkage to development priorities of the Mazovia region);
- involvement in scientific research (e.g. the number of academic papers released, participation in research projects);
- involvement in teaching and different tasks performed at the Warsaw School of Economics.
All the requirements of applying for and participating in this scholarship project are defined in “the scholarship rules”. The assessment of doctoral students applying for the scholarship as well as the assessment of results achieved by scholarship holders is made by a so-called “Scholarship Commission”, on a regular basis. The members of the Commission are:
It is also planned to involve business practitioners in running some of the seminars and trainings listed above. Moreover, the key information about the project, especially about its beneficiaries’ achievements, is planned to be disseminated among the business associations operating in the Mazovia region.
The duration of the project: 01.03.2012 – 30.11.2015.
The project management team: