RULES OF SUBMISSION OF DEGREE THESES
Bachelor’s Thesis should be prepared in one copy or in number of copies corresponding to the number of authors, in double-sided version, in soft flat binding which firmly holds pages together (comb-binding is not acceptable), with clear and transparent front cover.
ATTENTION! We'd like to remind you that the pages in the thesis must be counted beginning from the title page (1), then you can add blank page (2) and list of contents (3), etc. Please don't print the thesis with additional blank page, if it hasn't been put in the electronic version in SOLAD - both versions must be identical.
The first pages of the thesis must be the title page laid out according to the model specified in annex 3 to Rector’s order no. 7 on the issue of degree theses.
Template of the thesis
- according to the Rector's order no. 7.In a collective thesis a detailed list of authors (name and surname of each author along with the numbers of chapters they have created) should be placed on the back of the title page. Only one person may be author of one chapter.
Please remember that in case of completing a specialization, you must write it on the first page of the thesis.
The last page of the thesis is the declaration of the author/authors of the thesis (with hand-written signature) according to the model presented in annex 4.1 to Rector’s order no. 7 on the issue of degree theses.
The student should send the electronic version of the thesis/thesis’ chapters to the Local Archive of Documents Service System (SOLAD) according to the Users Manual of SOLAD. The student is hold solely responsible for performing the procedure of thesis preparation. Detailed rules on the procedure are available in the SOLAD system. All the necessary attachments needed for submitting the thesis are generated by the SOLAD system.
ATTENTION: students studying in English write the whole thesis and fill in all the documents in English. While sending the thesis to SOLAD choose the correct language, otherwise the documents will not be accepted.
In case of technical problems please contact IT support - Centrum Technologii Informatycznych:
Building "B" room 7A, tel.: 0-22 564 64 64
A STUDENT SUBMITS TO THE SUPERVISOR THE FOLLOWING SET OF DOCUMENTS, GENERATED IN THE SOLAD SYSTEM:
- one printed copy of the thesis (statement "Accepted as a Bachelor's thesis," supervisor's signature and date must be placed on its first page),
- abridged similarity report,
- plagiarism detection form,
- thesis evaluation form,
- checklist of documents to be submitted with the thesis.
The supervisor does not put the grade for the thesis on it, but on the document no. 7 from SOLAD.
A student submits in the Dean’s Office (room 5a) a thesis along with the set of documents, all signed by the supervisor of the thesis
Incomplete documents will not be accepted.
A STUDENT SUBMITS IN THE DEAN’S OFFICE (ROOM 5A) THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS
(model documents are the appendices to the decision of the Dean of Undergraduate Studies of 9 March 2016):
- Personal questionnaire
- Request for the copy of diploma in English
- Questionnaire of transfer to a foreign university
- Declaration of student's extracurricular achievements
Documents no. 1 and 2 are obligatory.
Moreover, students completing more than one specialization must submit a statement on completing them. - FORM
Along with the above mentioned documents student submits photos for the diploma of graduation (4 or 5 in case of submitting the application for the copy in English; format of photos: 3,5 X 4,5 cm; signed: name, surname, student’s number and birth date; identical). It is possible to get second copy of the diploma in English - in such case a student submits 6 photos and declares the request while submitting the whole set of documents.
Incomplete documents will not be accepted.
WHEN COLLECTING THE DIPLOMA STUDENT SUBMITS IN THE DEAN’S OFFICE:
- University-leaving discharge form (annex 6 to Rector’s order no. 7 on the issue of degree theses)
- Student’s card (unless it is still valid),
- Confirmation of payment of 60 zł for the diploma + 40 zł for each copy of diploma in foreign language, made to the personal PLN account number; title of payment: payment for the diploma, name, surname, student’s number.
ATTENTION: students admitted to studies based on tuition fee under the rules other than binding Polish citizens are discharged from the payment for the diploma. All students studying in English are discharged from the payment for copy(ies) of diploma in English. (Rector's order No. 15 of 25.04.2014).
Students collect the diploma in person. Another person can collect it only with authorization certified by notary public.